All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.39
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.67
About this product
- DescriptionFrancis M. Nevins describes the 11 crime vels written in the 1940s by Cornell Woolrich as the finest group of suspense vels ever written. Before he became famous for classics such as Deadline at Dawn, Woolrich was already developing his themes in sharply observed stories of romance and mischief. Here, collected for the first time, are 15 page-turners by a master craftsman. With an Introduction and tes by two-time Edgar-winner Nevins.
- Author BiographyThe Author. During the 1940s, Cornell Woolrich (1903-1968) wrote eleven novels that, according to Francis M. Nevins in his Introduction, are unsurpassable classics in the poetry of terror . . . [and] make up the finest group of suspense novels ever written. Woolrich, whose early Jazz Age novels were published in his twenties, also produced many romantic short stories that foreshadow some of the themes of his later work. Notes Nevins: Woolrich's world is a feverish place where the prevailing emotions are loneliÂ--ness and fear. . . . The Editor. Francis M. Nevins has won two Edgar awards from the Mystery Writers of America for his scholarly work on Cornell Woolrich and Ellery Queen. By training a lawyer, he has written many essays on the nexus between fiction and the law. But to readers of Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, Mr. Nevins is perhaps best known as the author of dozens of classic detective stories, many of them collected in Night Forms (2010). Two of his Milo Turner mystery novels are due to be reissued in 2012.
- Author(s)Cornell Woolrich
- PublisherPerfect Crime Books
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfect Crime Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.