All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik (1903-1993) profoundly influenced modern Orthodox Judaism by opening up a discourse between the tradition of Torah study and Western philosophical thought. The future of both religious Zionism in Israel and of orthodoxy hangs to a great extent on how we interpret his intellectual legacy. Dr. David Hartman's penetrating analysis of Rabbi Soloveitchik's work reveals a Judaism committed to intellectual courage integrity and openness. A rewned theologian and philosopher Hartman meticulously explores the subtlety and complexity of Rabbi Soloveitchik's theological thought exposing a surprising intersection of halakhic tradition and modern Western theology-a confrontation that deepens and expands our spiritual understanding. Hartman's provocative interpretation bears witness to the legitimacy of remaining loyal to the Judaic tradition without sacrificing one's intellectual freedom and honesty.
- Author BiographyDr. David Hartman, who studied with Rabbi Soloveitchik for a decade, is one of the most respected theologians in the world today. He is the founder and director of the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem.
- Author(s)David Hartman
- PublisherJewish Lights Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Lights Publishing
- Content Noteindex, bibliography
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.