All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.99Trending at AU $22.08
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionWhere is God when love fails? When the prince never comes ... Or when our 'happily ever after' crumbles under the harsh realities of life? Love and Ashes: A Bible Study of Love, Loss, and Ultimate Romance tackles these questions head-on through true love stories of those who have pushed through some of life's most brutal blows. Readers then lay these riveting modern stories against the template of scriptural stories to explore common themes. In the end, Love&Ashes challenges readers to share their own stories and discover a whole new perspective on love and how God works in the stories of our own lives. No preaching, how tos, formulas--just thought-provoking glimpses into real people's lives paired with fresh evaluations of the characters of Scripture. The Bible assures us that love never fails. But our shallow, superficial perception of love quite often does. That's why we need to see love with its ashes. Love&Ashes does t promise stories of happiness, but does present stories of hope--hope that allows us to be honest about the painful blows of love in this life and challenges us to understand that God's greatest goal for our lives is holiness over happiness.
- Author BiographyTrudy Chun is a writer and missionary living in eastern Hungary. Affiliated with GoodSports International, Trudy and her family work with orphans and refugees, establishing education and recreation programs that demonstrate Christ's love.
- Author(s)Trudy Chun
- Date of Publication14/11/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.