All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Truus Geraets meets Dawud at the Jackson Prison in Michigan in 1979, he has already served ten years of his sentence. But the two feel an immediate connection; they rejoice in the fact that fate has brought two people of such different backgrounds and circumstances together-Dawud in a prison in America, having grown up in a dysfunctional family, and Truus Geraets, born and raised in the Netherlands in a family guided by spiritual principles. In Love in Action, the author speaks frankly about the reality of waiting for thirty years for a true soul mate who spends most of those years in prison. She tells of her personal engagement in his transformational process from a career criminal into a person who has a burning desire to give back to society. Dawud's letters to Truus present the true essence of what it means to be an inmate and a number. In addition, Geraets exposes the disaster of a prison system in America which incarcerates more people than any other country in the world. Love in Action demonstrates that true transformation is possible and communicates hope instead of fear.
- Author BiographyTruus Geraets, originally from the Netherlands, has been socially engaged in Europe, South Africa, and the U.S. She worked with inner city youths in Chicago and Detroit, where she also was a prison counselor. Her medium of work is the healing art of Eurythmy. Geraets lives in Costa Mesa, California.
- Author(s)Truus Geraets
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.