All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLove, of a Kind was compiled and partly written under the illusion of a death sentence. Diagsed with cancer of the throat in January 2012, Felix Dennis responded by selecting, revising, and writing poems for what he believed would be his last book. Given the circumstances, his themes love, life, death, and taking stock resonate ever more meaningfully.The poems in Love, of a Kind pull punches, make excuses, and seem ever ready to spit in the eye of mortality; poems that Shirley Conran has said invoke sorrow as fast as regret, pain as readily as passion, and love as tenderly as murderous rage. Featuring beautiful line drawings by Eric Gill, Love, of a Kind presents a writer at the peak of his creative powers.
- Author BiographyFelix Dennis is the author of six books of poetry, including A Glass Half Full and Lone Wolf. His work has been performed by The Royal Shakespeare Company, and his popular poetry recitals have filled theaters, on both sides of the Atlantic. For more of his poetry, including live performances by the author, visit www.felixdennis.com. Eric Gill was a British sculptor, typeface designer, and printmaker. In 1936, the Royal Society of Arts named him the Royal Designer for Industry. He died in 1940.
- Author(s)Felix Dennis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Illustrator(s)Eric Gill
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.