All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionJack Vettria's erotic, provocative and emotionally charged paintings have made him one of Britain's most successful contemporary artists. Collected by celebrities the world over, his exhibitions have regularly sold out and paintings w change hands for millions of pounds. In this beautifully packaged collection, Jack chooses 100 essential canvases that reflect the intensity and passion of his work. An elegant accompanying essay by critic Anthony Quinn recounts Jack's early years and his emergence as a successful artist. Filled with mysterious men and curvy, seductive yet enigmatic women, Jack's paintings are tales without text, storyboards about love and lust, possession and longing, pursuit and conquest. Understanding perfectly the stylish sexiness and intrigue that occurs when high life and low life collide, Jack also hints at memories of golden times, past and lost.
- Author BiographyJack Vettriano is entirely self-taught. A Scotsman of Italian descent, he left school at sixteen to become a mining engineer working down the Fife coalfields. For his twenty-first birthday a girlfriend gave him a set of watercolour paints and from then on, he spent much of his spare time teaching himself to paint. His first solo exhibition in Edinburgh was a sell-out and since then he has had solo exhibitions in London, Hong Kong and New York. Over the last twenty years, interest in Vettriano's work has grown consistently. Vettriano's best known painting, The Singing Butler, was sold at Sotheby's for close to GBP750,000. He was awarded an OBE for Services to the Visual Arts. In 2013, a major twenty year Retrospective exhibition of Vettriano's work was staged at Kelvingrove art Gallery and Musuem in Glasgow. He lives in Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Jack Vettriano
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication05/01/2009
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Content Note100 paintings
- Weight604 g
- Width169 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.