All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
About this product
- DescriptionLove's confusions are legion. We promise to love, but we cant love at will. Love God, we're commanded, but we cant love on command. And given the vicissitudes of self-love, even if we could love our neighbours as we love ourselves, would it be a good thing to do so? These are a few of the paradoxes that typically lead philosophers to oversimplify love - and that draw C. D. C. Reeve to explore it in all its complexity, searching for the lessons to be found within love's confusions.
- Author BiographyC. D. C. Reeve is Professor of Philosophy at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- Author(s)C. D. C. Reeve
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication02/11/2007
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Weight194 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.