All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Cambridge Shakespeare appeals to students worldwide for its up-to-date scholarship and emphasis on performance. The series features line-by-line commentaries and textual tes on the plays and poems. Introductions are regularly refreshed with accounts of new critical, stage and screen interpretations. Edited and introduced by William C. Carroll, this edition of Love's Labour Lost features a lively account of the play's performance history from 1632 to the present day. Stage and screen productions of the late twentieth century receive particular attention and a range of international performances are also explored. New trends in the scholarly criticism are discussed in the introduction, as are the play's sources and historical contexts. Carroll's text is freshly edited from the First Quarto, published in 1598, and presents a highly readable modernised edition of Love's Labour Lost; a play kwn for its urthodox ending and extraordinary use of language.
- Author BiographyWilliam C. Carroll is Professor of English at Boston University.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2009
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleThe New Cambridge Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus.
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byWilliam C. Carroll
- Volume editorLynne Magnusson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.