All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a rich vein of writing within Anglican tradition that has helped to form the theology and spirituality of the contemporary church. For many readers, much of this material remains unfamiliar and is often difficult to access. Love's Redeeming Work draws together the works of major writers from the sixteenth century to the present day who have contributed to this development. Each selected writer is introduced with a brief biography, which gives background information about the author, and highlights the relationships that existed with others from the same period. This will enable the reader to set the writings in their proper context, enhancing understanding of the material. The selections then follow. In some instances these may be familiar, but other examples will introduce fresh ideas for every reader. Each writer's selection is concluded with a list of source texts, which can encourage readers to explore in more depth those areas which intrigue and excite them. Love's Redeeming Work traces a path that has enabled Anglicanism in particular, and the wider church as well, to develop an ever-deepening awareness of the need for a spiritual depth in the Christian life informed by a better kwledge of tradition. In exploring this material, it is the compilers' hope that readers will find new riches that will encourage and sustain their own quest for holiness.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Rowell is the Bishop of Gibraltar in Europe. He was formerly the Bishop of Basingstoke, and from 1972 to 1994 was Chaplain and Tutor in Theology at Keble College, Oxford. He has been a member of both the Liturgical Commission and the Doctrine Commission of the Church of England. His publications include The Vision Glorious, Tradition Renewed: the Oxford Movement Conference Papers, and The English Religious Tradition and the Genius of Anglicanism. Kenneth Stevenson has been the Bishop of Portsmouth since 1995. He was Rector of Holy Trinity and St Mary's Guildford, and Chaplain and Lecturer at the University of Manchester. He too has been a member of the Liturgical Commission, and is still on the Doctrine Commission. He is a regular speaker in the House of Lords, and is in great demand as a writer and speaker on liturgical matters. His books include Nuptial Blessing, The Mystery of Baptism in the Anglican Tradition, and Abba, Father: Understanding and Using the Lord's Prayer. Rowan Williams is Archbishop of Canterbury, and was previously Archbishop of Wales and Bishop of Monmouth. Prior to his consecration, he was University Lecturer in Divinity and Fellow and Dean of Clare College, Cambridge, before becoming Lady Margaret Professor of Divinity and Canon of Christ Church, Oxford. His numerous publications include The Wound OF Knowledge, The Truce of God, Teresa of Avila, After Silent Centuries, Icons - on the Borders of Eternity, Christ on Trial, and Ponder These Things: Praying with Icons of the Virgin.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication23/10/2003
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1228 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byBishop Geoffrey Rowell,Dr. Rowan Williams,Kenneth Stevenson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.