All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionDistrust, fear of abandonment, and sensitivity to criticism are just a few of the traits found in adult children of alcoholics. This book is for the spouse or significant other to the adult child, and helps partners better understand the underlying causes of adult neuroses whose seeds were planted by growing up with an alcoholic parent. Douglas and Deborah Bey help couples recognize these patterns and offer suggestions for changing them so that they may enjoy a deeper, more meaningful relationship.
- Author BiographyDr. Douglas Bey is a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, served as a board examiner for the American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry for many years, was past president of his county medical society, his hospital medical staff, and his county board of health. Deborah Bey is an adult child of an alcoholic. She trained at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis and was the head nurse on a hospital chemical dependency unit for a number of years. She later worked in a multidisciplinary private psychiatric group practice with Dr. Bey where she counseled ACOAs on an individual and group basis.
- Author(s)Deborah Bey,Douglas Bey
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/04/2007
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintM. Evans& Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width153 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.41Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.