All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1914, when Nicandra is eight, all is well in the grand Irish estate, Deer Forest. Maman is beautiful and adored. Dada, silent and small, mooches contendedly around the stables. Aunt Tossie, of the giant heart and bosom, is widowed but looks splendid in weeds. The butler, the groom, the landsteward, the maids, the men - each as a place and kws it. Then, astonishingly, the perfect surface is shattered; Maman does something too dreadful ever to be spoken of. 'What next? Who to love?' asks Nicaranda. And through her growing up and marriage her answer is to swamp those around her with kindness - while gradually the great house crumbles under a weight of manners and misunderstanding.
- Author BiographyBorn in Ireland in 1904 into a 'rather serious Hunting and Fishing Church-going family' who gave her little education at the hands of governesses, Molly's interests were 'hunting & horses & having a good time'; she began writing only to supplement her dress allowance. She died in 1996.
- Author(s)Molly Keane
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVirago Modern Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number591
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight158 g
- Width135 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Introduction byMichele Roberts
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.