All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique volume examines in detail two recent periods in military manpower history that have had a profound and lasting effect on military recruitment and selection policy. Project 100,000 and the ASVAB Misrming brought hundreds of thousands of low-aptitude men into the military. While military officials recall these times with anything but affection, some social activists praise these periods as exemplary military social welfare ventures that could be resurrected today. Janice Laurence and Peter Ramsberger examine the history behind Project 100,000 and the ASVAB Misrming as well as their outcomes--both for the military and for the men brought into the service. The data do t support the claim that a tour of duty will ultimately lead to civilian success for the low-aptitude veterans. While some have fond feelings for the military and may have profited from the experience, many were found to be less well off ecomically and socially than their nveteran counterparts.
- Author BiographyJANICE H. LAURENCE is a Senior Scientist with the Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO), where she does research on military personnel enlistment, assignment, performance, and retention. She has authored or co-authored three books and more than 40 technical reports, monographs, and papers pertaining to problems of military manpower and policy analysis. PETER F. RAMSBERGER is also a Senior Scientist with HumRRO, where his professional interests range from survey research to instructional design. He has directed studies of youth in military service and has designed award-winning interactive videodisc training programs. His work is documented in two books and a number of technical reports, papers, journal articles, and presentations.
- Author(s)Janice H. Laurence,Peter F. Ramsberger
- Date of Publication30/10/1991
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight462 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byW.S. Sellman
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.