All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you living with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes and trying to manage your condition? In Australia and New Zealand alone diabetes and pre-diabetes affect 1 in 4 people. Every day nearly 300 people, including children, develop type 2 diabetes and for every person diagsed with diabetes there's someone else with undiagsed diabetes. The good news is that we w kw a lot more about managing diabetes or reducing your risk of developing it. LOW GI DIET: MANAGING TYPE 2 DIABETES cuts through the confusion of conflicting advice and sets out clearly and simply what you need to eat and do to help you: reduce your risk of developing diabetes; improve your cardiovascular health; keep your blood glucose levels, blood pressure and blood fats under control; and maintain a healthy body. This book is a practical guide to help you manage your diabetes or pre-diabetes with diet and lifestyle from the highly qualified, specialist team of authors led by world Low GI authority Professor Jennie Brand-Miller. It shows what you can do for yourself - and why. Best of all, this information is good advice for everyone in your family, t just you.
- Author BiographyJennie Brand-Miller (Author) Jennie Brand-Miller (AM) is Professor of Human Nutrition at the Charles Perkins Centre, University of Sydney in Sydney, Australia. She is recognised around the world for her work on carbohydrates and the glycemic index of foods. She received the 2003 Clunies Ross Medal for contributions to science and technology in Australia. She is a past President of the Nutrition Society of Australia, past Chair of the National Committee for Nutrition of the Australian Academy of Science, and President of the Glycemic Index Foundation Limited, a not-for-profit company that administers a food symbol for consumers in partnership with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (Australia). Jennie is the proud recipient of two Nucleus (R) bionic ears. Kaye Foster-Powell (Author) Kaye Foster-Powell is an accredited dietitian with more than 20 years' experience in diabetes management. A graduate of the University of Sydney (BSc Master of Nutrition & Dietetics) she has conducted research into the glycemic index of foods and its practical applications. She is a Diabetes Specialist Dietitian with the Nepean Blue Mountains Diabetes Service and co-author of the Low GI Diet series. Stephen Colagiuri (Author) Professor Stephen Colagiuri, MD, is Professor of Metabolic Health at the University of Sydney. He has extensive clinical and research experience in the management of diabetes and metabolic problems. Alan Barclay (Author) Dr Alan Barclay is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist and has a PhD on the association between glycemic index and glycemic load and the risk of developing lifestyle-related diseases. He is currently the Chief Scientific Officer at Glycemic Index Foundation. Prior to that he worked at Diabetes Australia, most recently as Head of research. In addition, he has maintained a private practice for nearly twenty years. Alan is an official Media Spokesperson for the Dietitians Association of Australia and has appeared frequently in local newspapers, magazines, radio and television news. His articles have been published widely in scientific journals and he is co-author of The Low GI Diet Diabetes & Pre-diabetes Handbook and The Ultimate Guide to Sugars and Sweeteners.
- Author(s)Dr. Alan Barclay,Dr. Jennie Brand-Miller,Kaye Foster-Powell,Stephen Colagiuri
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2014
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Weight344 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.