All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive yet inspiring general special-diet cookbook that breaks downs the challenges and misperceptions associated with following a low-sodium diet. Author is blogger Low-Sodium Girl, Jess Goldman Foung, a thirty-something San Franciscan who lives a low-sodium life due to kidney failure. She lives a beautiful life in a Noe Valley home, with husband and daughter, cooking beautiful food inspired by SF's farmers' markets and best restaurants, proving via this lifestyle cookbook that a special diet can be an inspiration.12 chapters cover everything from setting up a low-sodium kitchen to eating at an airport, with 50 recipes including sodium content, serving size, and other nutritional information. There's beautiful low-sodium book on the market, r is there one that feels both comprehensive and contemporary. Low-So Good, with colour photography, lifestyle advice, and delicious recipes, is the book for a new low-sodium lifestyle for a wide audience.
- Author BiographyDays after turning 21, Jessica Goldman Foung collapsed and was diagnosed with lupus. After 6 months of hospitalisation, dialysis, and chemotherapy, her health stabilised, but her kidneys were severely damaged. She had to drastically reduce sodium intake. So began a quest for information and community that would allow her to live and eat fully. She has written for publications as varied as Ladies Home Journal, Edible San Francisco, Cooking Light, and Prevention; is a regular contributor to HuffPost and the Kitchen; and was an editor at Daily Candy. She is a go-to television personality with appearences on Today and Access Hollywood. Her blog receives over 40,000 page views a month; she has 2,000 Twitter followers, 3,000 Facebook fans, and partnerships with The American Heart Association, National Kidney Foundation, Vitamix, Whole Foods, and so on.
- Author(s)Jessica Goldman Foung
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Content Note30 full-colour photographs, unjacketed
- Weight862 g
- Width191 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographs byJohn Lee
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.38Trending at AU $21.23
- AU $41.05Trending at AU $44.74
- AU $22.23Trending at AU $30.16
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $9.15
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.37
- AU $33.93Trending at AU $35.43
- AU $13.64Trending at AU $14.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.