All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.48Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionWho in todays modern western society would choose to become a priest? That is the question that the n-believer Lucia Ganieva asked herself. She was particularly curious to kw why. She wanted to kw what it means for a trainee priest to live in two totally different worlds: that of the Catholic church and that of Dutch civilian society. The portraits reveal how the students see themselves as they prepare for priesthood. In combination with the photographs of the interiors, the conflicting forces at play between the church and the civilian world become clearly visible. The mir details of the interior tell much bigger stories. The Tiltenberg at Vogelenzang is the Great Seminary of the diocese Haarlem (Netherlands) where students are trained for priesthood. Lucia Ganieva was inspired by the serene atmosphere in the seminary, and this is reflected in her images. The students portrayed allowed her to enter their world and talk about what literally possessed them to choose this life. Ganieva has made a wonderful and respectful portrait of a world that is t her own...Lucia Ganieva was born in Russia, and has been living in the Netherlands since 1993.
- PublisherSchilt Publishing b.v.
- Date of Publication19/10/2009
- LanguageEnglish & Dutch
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- First Published2010
- ImprintSchilt Publishing b.v.
- Out-of-print date24/07/2012
- Content Note55 photos in full colour
- Weight500 g
- Width230 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Photographs byLucia Ganieva
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.