All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLucky Peach is a quarterly journal of food and writing. Each issue focuses on a single theme, and explores that theme through essays, art, photography, and recipes. Lucky Peach #12 is all about food from littoral realms - the spaces where land meets sea. We dive for abalone and gather seaweed off the California coast; we harvest honey in the Bangladeshi Sundarabans; we go behind the scenes at a shrimp farm in Indonesia, and spend a Sunday at the cockle sheds in Leigh-on-Sea. We learn lots about edible sea beasts, from clams to hagfish to sea squirts. Anthony Bourdain takes us on a stroll down a beach town's memory lane; Robert Sietsema samples practically all the clams on Long Island; Stuart Dybek catches himself a perfect breakfast in the Florida keys. We share recipes from Vietnam and Portugal and the Oregon coast-we aren't shellfish. Also in this issue: a special, detachable sixteen-page Beach Reads comic book to take on your seaside jaunts, featuring comics by Jason Jagel, Tony Millionaire, and more, because it's summertime, and the reading is easy.
- Author BiographyDavid Chang is the chef and founder of Momofuku, which includes award-winning restaurants in New York City, Sydney, and Toronto. He has been honored as a Time 100, Fortune's 40 Under 40, and was named a GQ Man of the Year. He lives in New York City. Peter Meehan is a former New York Times restaurant columnist. His writing has appeared in many foreign and domestic magazines and he has coauthored a handful of books, including the bestselling Momofuku cookbook. He lives in New York City. Chris Ying was the publisher of McSweeney's before he assumed the role of editor in chief of Lucky Peach. He is the coauthor of Ivan Ramen and of the forthcoming Mission Chinese Food cookbook. He lives in San Francisco.
- PublisherLucky Peach
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationNY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLucky Peach
- Weight442 g
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byChris Ying,David Chang,Peter Meehan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.