All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionMaria Bellonci depicts Lucrezia as a passionate, womanly figure moving uncertainly through the Papal court and through the intrigues, ambitions and political chicanery that swirled about her. Married three times for her family's political advantage Lucrezia also entertained, for her own pleasure, a long list of eminent lovers, particularly the poet Pietro Bembo. Her father, Pope Alexander VI, emerges as a fiercely devoted parent while the catlike and sinister Cesare Borgia is seen as a relentless and unscrupulous power-seeker.
- Author BiographyMaria Bellonci was born and educated in Rome. Married to the distinguished critic Goffredo Bellonci she wrote and sponsored literature throughout her life, through the Strega Prize and the Italian P.E.N. society, of which she was the Vice-President. With the publication of Lucrezia Borgia in Italy she won the Viareggio Literary Award and the Galante Prize. It was then published throughout the world to great acclaim. She wrote numerous distinguished works of history and also wrote for newspapers and radio.
- Author(s)Maria Bellonci
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleWomen in History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson History
- Out-of-print date20/06/2007
- Weight326 g
- Width129 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.