All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn ambitious sculpture and video installation. Fabulae Romanae is a symbolic film excursion across Rome as seen through the eyes of ten ethereal spirits drawn from archaeological and historical research conducted by Lucy and Jorge Orta, and from observing the cultural and social map of the city. As the film unfolds, these contemporary sentinels silently take over the city: We encounter the traveler under the Castel Sant'Angelo bridge and in the Trastevere back streets; the observer overlooking the Sacro Cuore dei Monti and the Isola Tiberina; the tunneler and the myth maker in the Villa Gregoriana Park; and besides them we meet the flying man, the chariot rider, the memory man, and the bale maker. The scenarios these metaphorical characters enact are beautifully articulated through the verses of a poem written by Mario Petrucci, which was commissioned by the two artists for their video installation.
- Author BiographyMaria Luisa Frisa is a fashion critic and the curator the Fondazione Pitti Discovery. She is director of the graduate course in fashion design at the IUAV University in Venice. Her latest book is Diana Vreeland After Diana Vreeland (Marsilio, 2012).
- Author(s)Maria Luisa Frisa
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note50 Colour Illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width220 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.