Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis new collection of images traces some of the changes that have taken place in and around this vibrant community over the centuries. It is a town with a long and surprising history, which began with the imposing Norman castle in the control of the infamous Mortimer family. Due to its position in the borderlands, by the Tudor period it became the virtual capital of neighbouring Wales, and the castle was home to some of the country's best kwn bles.Though the town's importance declined from the 1700s, as the administrators withdrew to London, Ludlow retained its charm and elegance. Today it is often voted among the nicest towns in the country, and its festivals and restaurants draw visitors from all over the world. This selection of old images and stunning colour photography takes the reader on a journey through the history of Ludlow that is sure to reawaken memories of recent times past.
- Author BiographyDorothy Nicolle is a local author who lives in Wem, Shrewsbury.
- Author(s)Dorothy Nicolle
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180, 111 colour illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.