All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Blitzkrieg to the defence of the Reich, the Luftwaffe saw action in many skies, from the Battle of Britain to the North African desert and the steppes of Russia. In this title Stedman provides a study of the uniforms, insignia and flying equipment of the German air force of World War II, covering both air and ground crew. A systematic survey of the whole range of orders of dress including flying clothing, flight equipment and survival aids - parachutes, life jackets and so forth - is also provided.
- Author BiographyRobert Stedman has had a varied career that includes working as a special effects technician, leather craftsman, sailmaker and porcelain restorer. He is a regular contributor to international militaria magazines and occasionally works as a military advisor to TV, film and theatre. Currently living in the South of England, Robert is a passionate collector of Great War and Second World War military uniforms and equipment and enjoys restoring uniforms in his spare time. Mike Chappell spent 22 years in infantry soldiering, retiring in 1974 as RSM of the 1st Bn., The Wessex Regiment (Rifle Volunteers). Since beginning to paint military subjects in 1968 Mike has gained world-wide popularity as a military illustrator, and has been a prolific artist and author for Osprey for well over 20 years.
- Author(s)Robert Stedman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/11/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.377
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note40 b&w and 8 colour illustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mike Chappell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.