All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionContrary to popular belief, building a strong well-aligned bicycle frame does t require thousands of dollars of tools or weeks of hands-on training. This manual instructs the reader how to construct a quality lugged bicycle frame using inexpensive tools. Sections of this manual describe: principals of bicycle design; brazing technique; the use of inexpensive air-fuel and industrial grade oxy-fuel torches; tube mitering; jigging using inexpensive materials; builds for 26 inch, 650c, 650b, and 700c wheels; builds for tires up to 45 mm wide; and a step-by-step walkthrough of the frame building process. Build the following: road racing bicycles, all-road bicycles, touring bicycles, commuting bicycles, fixies and single speed bicycles, cyclocross and monstercross bicycles.
- Author BiographyMarc-Andre R. Chimonas learned the basics of technical writing as a student at Georgia Tech and as an officer in the United States Epidemic Intelligence Service. He is the author of Construction of Lugged Bicycle Forks and the pulp novel Anton's Odyssey. He has published articles in Boneshaker: A Bicycling Almanac and various peer-reviewed medical science journals.
- Author(s)Marc-Andre R Chimonas
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.