All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCardinal Luis Antonio Tagle has been called the Asian Pope Francis, because of his humility, his connectedness to the lives of everyday Catholics, and his insistence on the church's duty to care for the poor and the marginalized. In Luis Antonio Tagle: Leading by Listening, veteran Catholic journalist Cindy Wooden offers a poignant look at this archbishop of Manila who has impressed Catholics around the world. At the world Syd of Bishops on Evangelization in 2012, he told his fellow bishops, The church must discover the power of silence. Confronted with the sorrows, doubts and uncertainties of people she cant pretend to give easy solutions. In Jesus, silence becomes the way of attentive listening, compassion and prayer. It is the way to truth. While t afraid to speak the truth to power, Cardinal Tagle also is t afraid to listen to the poor, the confused and the searching.Wooden shares much insight into this man of deep faith and compassion, a pastor driven both to bring Christ to the people and to listen to the people in whom Christ lives and through whom he speaks. People of God is a series of inspiring biographies for the general reader. Each volume offers a compelling and honest narrative of the life of an important twentieth or twenty-first century Catholic. Some living and some w deceased, each of these women and men has kwn challenges and weaknesses familiar to most of us but responded to them in ways that call us to our own forms of heroism. Each offers a credible and concrete witness of faith, hope, and love to people of our own day.
- Author BiographyCindy Wooden is chief of the Rome bureau of Catholic News Service. She has been reporting on the Vatican and the Catholic Church since 1989. She has traveled around the world with John Paul II, Benedict XVI, and now Pope Francis. As a result of this work, she is respected around the world as an authority on the life and workings of the church. She is the author of Pope Francis: A Guide to God's Time.
- Author(s)Cindy Wooden
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Series TitlePeople of God
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.24
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.71
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.