All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.15
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionLuke's Gospel is a companion to the Cherokee syllabary-only New Testament digitized and released in 2013. Translated into Cherokee in the nineteenth century under the direction of Revs. Samuel Worcester and Elias Boudit, the Cherokee New Testament is the largest complex text composed in Cherokee by fluent speakers with command of a high level of the language. For generations, the New Testament has been used by Cherokees of all persuasions to learn to speak and write as their ancestors did. Luke is considered the most poetic and literary of the four Gospels, suggesting the author was an educated professional of the day. Tradition claims he was the Apostle Paul's personal physician, accompanying him on this travels. The Cherokee translators strove to use a level of the Cherokee language that did justice to the Greek, as they translated from the Textus Receptus rather than the English King James Version or the Latin Vulgate. Deepen your understanding of the Cherokee Bible and the Cherokee language by reading each verse in Cherokee syllabary, phonetic Cherokee, and English.
- Author(s)Brian Wilkes,Rev Johannah Meeks Ries
- Date of Publication22/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.