All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it comes to global warming, most people think there are two camps: alarmist or denier being their respective pejoratives. Either you ackwledge the existence of manmade climate change and consider it a dire global threat, or you deny it exists at all. But there's a third group: the lukewarmers. In Lukewarming: The New Climate Science that Changes Everything, Cato scholars Pat Michaels and Chip Knappenberger explain the real science and spin behind the headlines and come to a provocative conclusion: global warming is t hotit's lukewarm. While that may t sound massive, it does, as the book's subtitle tes, change everything. Climate change is real, it is partially man-made, but it is clearer than ever that its impact has been exaggeratedwith many of the headline-grabbing predictions w being rendered implausible or impossible. This new paperback edition of the book is a revised and expanded edition of last year's ebook-only edition of Lukewarming. This new edition includes updates in science and policy following the accords reached at the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris. It is an equally perfect book for those looking for an introduction to the climate debate, or veterans seeking the freshest science.
- Author BiographyPatrick J. Michaels is the director of the Center for the Study of Science at the Cato Institute. Michaels is a past president of the American Association of State Climatologists and was program chair for the Committee on Applied Climatology of the American Meteorological Society. He is the author or editor of six books on climate and its impact, and he was an author of the climate paper of the year awarded by the Association of American Geographers in 2004. Chip Knappenberger is the assistant director of the Center for the Study of Science at the Cato Institute, and coordinates the scientific and outreach activities for the Center. He has over 20 years of experience in climate research and public outreach. He has published numerous papers in the major atmospheric science journals on global warming, hurricanes, precipitation changes, weather and mortality, and Greenland ice melt, among many other areas, and is a very popular presenter at climate conferences worldwide.
- Author(s)Patrick J. Michaels,Paul C. Knappenberger
- PublisherCato Institute
- Date of Publication07/09/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCato Institute
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width155 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.