All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new collection of poems by one of the Pacific Northwest's finest poets focuses on the land and people of that region, especially the Plateau Indian tribes and the contemporary issues that affect their lives. Luminaries of the Humble offers images of the Northwest's natural environment, with its rivers and diverse landscapes, while also conveying the author's deep personal insights, experiences, and understanding of the relationship between people and their land. Woody's strength lies in her ability to recognize connections to specific places that also define her relationship to a region. Through her work, n-Native readers can learn to see through popular misinterpretations of Native cultures that are often mistaken for truth. In opening remarks, Woody shares anecdotes of her youth that contributed to her sense of personal history and her development as a poet. The petroglyphs on rock in the Columbia River Gorge are part of my literary heritage, she writes. Now through the medium of the printed word, Luminaries of the Humble marks an important continuation of that tradition.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Woody
- PublisherUniversity of Arizona Press
- Date of Publication15/07/1994
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arizona Press
- Weight218 g
- Width154 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.