All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the M.M. Bennett Award for Historical Fiction, anunced in June 2015 . LUSITANIA R.E.X is an historical account of the sinking of the Lusitania replete with spies and secret societies, super weapons, millionaires and martyrs. After being struck by a single torpedo on May 7th 1915, the Lusitania sank in only eighteen minutes. Passengers such as Alfred Vanderbilt, one of the wealthiest men in the world, igred warnings from the German embassy, confident the fastest ship in the world could outrun enemy submarines. Since the time of her sinking, the Lusitania has been wrapped in mystery and intrigue. Experts continue to debate the cause of the second explosion that sealed her fate after the torpedo struck. Imperial Germany immediately claimed she was loaded with explosives destined for the front. LUSITANIA R.E.X weaves a tale around disputed facts to create a plausible explanation of some of the mysteries surrounding her sinking.
- Author BiographyGreg Taylor's passion for research has led him to develop first-hand relationships with the descendants of some of the characters in the book, including the Duke of Marlborough and Alfred G Vanderbilt III. He was drawn to the tale of Lusitania because he was fascinated by the cataclysm of elegant Edwardian society caused by the brutal warfare the industrial success of that society made possible. His passion for research and discovery has taken him to the numerous historical sites that appear in the book. Undergraduate studies in history at Williams College in Massachusetts and the University of Durham, England, are reflected in the book. Greg attended the School of Management at Yale University where he lives one block from The Tomb of Skull and Bones. London has been Greg's home since 2000 and he has divided his investment banking and asset management career between New York and London.
- Author(s)Greg Taylor
- PublisherFilament Publishing
- Date of Publication14/04/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationCroydon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFilament Publishing
- Content Noteapprox 10 black and white photographs
- Weight574 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.14
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.