All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume includes the texts of Erasmus's 1524 diatribe against Luther, De Libero Arbitrio, and Luther's violent counterattack, De Servo Arbitrio. E. Gordon Rupp and Philip Watson offer commentary on these texts as well. Long recognized for the quality of its translations, introductions, explanatory tes, and indexes, the Library of Christian Classics provides scholars and students with modern English translations of some of the most significant Christian theological texts in history. Through these works--each written prior to the end of the sixteenth century--contemporary readers are able to engage the ideas that have shaped Christian theology and the church through the centuries.
- Author BiographyE. Gordon Rupp was Dixie Professor of Ecclesiastical History at the University of Cambridge in England. Rupp also served as President of the British Methodist Church in 1969. Phillip S. Watson has served as Professor of Systematic Theology at Garrett Theological Seminary in Evanston, Illinois.
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/1978
- LanguageEnglish & Latin
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleLibrary of Christian Classics
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight20 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine463 mm
- Edited byGordon Rupp,Philip S. Watson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.