All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing Luton Town Football Club's return to the Football League after five seasons in exile, I decided to write an every day journal covering the season from the first game at Carlisle United to the last ball kicked in anger. Whatever the results, wherever the Hatters end up position wise at the conclusion of the season I will be giving my honest opinion throughout. Whatever is written on a particular day, that will be what is printed, there will be going back to change anything, whatever I may write before a match will be the final say whatever the outcome. If my opinion changes in regard to something I have mentioned earlier I will t return and change, otherwise it will t be my true thoughts. Therefore, there will inevitably be contradictions, but that is what a journal is all about when all said and done. In all honesty, t all if any, will agree with my thoughts and opinions, but that is the whole point of the exercise. Controversial I will be, I will t be holding back, I will t be a happy clapper. But at the same time I refuse to be either detrimental or abusive, I think there is eugh of that going on elsewhere, apart from calling a moron a moron. But it will have to be to the extreme for me to do so. I will, as one does in a journal wander off the subject of Luton Town at times. Otherwise it will become tedious, even the best of us like to meander away from the obvious at times. I will drift off into other world's, I will get carried away, but I hope it will give one reason to read on regardless. My wording will t be sophisticated, it will be every day chat, I am t trying to sound clever, I am going to be myself. There will be fancy statistics or continuous reams of data. I leave that for the statisticians of this world. At times I will be having assistance as I will t be able to be at every game. I unfortunately have other commitments also. My hope though is that all will enjoy what you read. COYH!
- Author BiographyChris Luke, a former National Hunt jockey. He was also whilst in the armed forces a member of the Kings Troop, Royal Horse Artillery musical ride display team, travelling the country and parts of Europe in the early 1970's. In 1977 Chris served for eight months at The Royal Mews, Buckingham Palace as a Royal coachman and State postilion during the year of Her Majesty's Silver Jubilee celebrations in 1977, which included his participation in the Silver Jubilee state ceremony from Buckingham Palace to St Paul's, also other engagements including the carriages parade at Royal Ascot. When all of the Jubilee celebrations were completed he returned to roles within the National Hunt fraternity until 1988 forced to retire through injury. Chris has been a Luton town supporter for over 40 years, a season ticket holder for many years also. His favourite player has to be Graham French who also scored his most memorable goal against Mansfield Town. Chris was also a much respected and successful football coach in South London between the years of 2003 and 2011, coaching and managing a successful Ladies football team and also an equally as successful girls side for the same football club, Flamingo's Ladies, based in Peckham and later Catford. With Flamingo's Ladies he won the London AFA Women's cup on two occasions and runners up once and also runners up with the Under 15's girl's side. His Ladies team also won three consecutive promotions climbing the divisions of the Greater London Women's League. After taking early retirement in 2013, he moved to Erith, on the borders of South-East London and Kent. Chris has been concentrating on his blogging and now moving on to books following the opportunity arising to write a biography. He has one previous book, published in March 2015. MEMORIES FROM THE GREEN CARPET. Which with the assistance of his researcher Tom Wright, covered an array of individuals from the history of horse racing in addition to horses, races and also a piece on the National Hunt Jockey's Championship from it's inauguration in 1900, of which Chris is hopeful to turn into a book following the project that has had work commenced on THE GRAND NATIONAL RACES OF 1960 - 1969. He is also working on the biography of former jump jockey Jimmy Duggan.
- Author(s)Chris Luke
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byMike Thomas
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.