All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat exactly are spunbonded textiles? They are a type of manmade fabric whose strength and flexibility makes them ideal for textile art. They can be washed, dyed, painted, printed, stitched, burned, fused, foiled, stenciled, and slashed with ease. You name it, spunbounded textiles can take it. Lutradur and the New Fibers explores different types of spubounded textiles with materials such as Lutradur, Evolon, head-distressable tissue, Tyvek and Kunin. First you will learn how to paint, print and dye these fabrics with an array of beautiful colors. Next, Wendy Cotterill outlines heating, distressing, fusing, and soldering techniques for which these spunbonded textiles are perfect. With additional techniques, including, image transfer, foiling, and stamping, you can achieve complex and layered effects that are unique to this material and sure to bring your mixed media projects to the next level. For mixed-media and fiber artists who are looking to get started with spunbonded textiles, Lutradur and the New Fibers is the essential guide to exploring these beautiful and versatile fabrics.
- Author BiographyAfter 12 years in the fashion industry as a designer and pattern-cutter and then tutor on fashion subjects, Wendy Cotterill developed interests in broader textile-related subjects. She is now a teacher of textile arts and exhibits her successful experimental work.
- Author(s)Wendy Cotterill
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.