All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a full-color celebration of the monuments and landscape of Upper Egypt. Luxor stands on the site of ancient Thebes, Egypt's opulent New Kingdom capital. It encompasses the spectacular temples of Luxor and Karnak on the east bank of the Nile, and on the west bank the vast necropolis, which includes the Colossi of Memn, the famed Ramesseum, Queen Hatshepsut's magnificent funerary temple, and the Valley of the Kings, riddled with royal tombs, among them the fabled resting place of Tutankhamun. The splendor and profusion of pharaonic monuments at Luxor justifies its reputation as the greatest outdoor museum in the world. Reaching beyond Luxor, this book also covers all the major sites of Upper Egypt, including Abydos, Dendera, Esna, Edfu, and Kom Ombo. Special attention is given to Aswan, one of the most beautiful places in Egypt, with its nearby island temple of Isis at Philae. The climax of this informed and richly illustrated book comes with the remarkable temples at Abu Simbel, with their colossal figures of Ramesses II and his lovely wife Nefertari cut from the living rock.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL HAAG is a writer and photographer based in London. He has photographed and written Alexandria Illustrated (AUC Press, 2004) and Cairo Illustrated (AUC Press, 2006), and he is the author of Alexandria: City of Memory and Vintage Alexandria: Photographs of the City, 1860-1960 (AUC Press, 2008).
- Author(s)Michael Haag
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2010
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Note125 colour photographs, 4 maps
- Weight476 g
- Width203 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.