All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionUtilizing a variety of ancient sources, including cuneiform texts, images and archaeological finds, Luxury and Legitimation explores how the collecting of luxury objects contributed to the formation of royal identity in one of the world's oldest civilizations, ancient Mesopotamia (modern Iraq). Allison Thomason makes a significant and timely contribution to the subjects of collecting and material culture studies by bringing a new understanding to the political, cultural and social institutions of an important pre-Classical, n-Western civilization.
- Author BiographyAllison Karmel Thomason is Associate Professor of History at Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, USA.
- Author(s)Allison Karmel Thomason
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2005
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitlePerspectives on Collecting
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 29 b&w illustrations
- Weight538 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Susan Pearce
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.