Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionLynn Chadwick is the definitive mograph on a leading Modern British sculptor. Lynn Chadwick (1914-2003) achieved world-wide recognition after winning the International Prize for Sculpture at the 1956 Venice Biennale. He became the most famous member of a generation of young British sculptors whose work captured the essence of the Cold War epoch. Michael Bird draws on fresh research to create the first full-scale art-historical appraisal of Chadwick's oeuvre, including a compelling account of the sculptor's artistic personality and working methods.The book provides a comprehensive survey of Chadwick's career, from his beginnings as an architectural designer in the 1930s, through his emergence as a major international sculptor in the 1950s, to his late, isolated pursuit of monumental bronze and steel sculpture in the 1980s and 1990s. It reassesses earlier critical positions on Chadwick's work and post-war British sculpture more generally and offers a fresh perspective on all phases of his long and productive career.This highly readable book will appeal to anyone interested in Modern British art in general and post-war sculpture in particular, including museum and gallery professionals and audiences, collectors and dealers, scholars, teachers and students.
- Author BiographyMichael Bird is an author, art historian and broadcaster who has written widely on 20th-century British art. His previous books for Lund Humphries are Sandra Blow (2005), The St Ives Artists: A Biography of Place and Time (2008) and Bryan Wynter (2010). He is a visiting lecturer at Falmouth University.
- Author(s)Michael Bird
- PublisherLund Humphries Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLund Humphries Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date11/04/2017
- Content NoteIncludes 120 colour and 40 b&w illustrations
- Weight1338 g
- Width240 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.