All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a detailed account of the most recent developments, challenges and solutions to seamlessly advance and launch a lyophilized biologics or vaccine product, based on diverse modalities, ranging from antibodies (e.g., moclonal, fused), complex biologics (e.g., antibody drug conjugate, PEGylated proteins), and vaccines (e.g., recombinant-protein based). The authors adeptly guide the reader through all crucial aspects, from biophysical and chemical stability considerations of proteins, analytical methods, advances in controlled ice nucleation and quality-by-design approaches, alternate drying techlogy, to latest regulatory, packaging and techlogy transfer considerations to develop a stable, safe and effective therapeutic protein, vaccine and biotechlogy products. Lyophilized Biologics and Vaccines: Modality-Based Approaches is composed of four sections with a total of 17 chapters. It serves as a reference to all critical assessments and steps from early pre-formulation stages to product launch: * Provides recent understanding of heterogeneity of protein environment and selection of appropriate buffer for stabilization of lyophilized formulations* Details the latest developments in instrumental analysis and controlled ice nucleation techlogy * Explains in-depth lyophilized (or dehydrated) formulation strategies considering diverse modalities of biologics and vaccines, including plasmid DNA and lipid-based therapeutics* Details an exhaustive update on quality-by-design and process analytical techlogy approaches, illustrated superbly by case studies and FDA perspective* Provides the latest detailed account of alternate drying techlogies including spray drying, bulk freeze-drying and crystallization, supported exceptionally by case studies* Provides a step-by-step guide through critical considerations during process scale-up, techlogy transfer, packaging and drug delivery device selection, for a successful lyophilization process validation, regulatory submission and product launch Chapters are written by one or more world-rewned leading authorities from academia, industry or regulatory agencies, whose expertise cover lyophilization of the diverse modalities of biopharmaceuticals. Their contributions are based on the exhaustive review of literature coupled with excellent hands-on experiences in laboratory or GMP setup, making this an exceptional guide to all stages of lyophilized or dehydrated product development.
- Author BiographyDushyant B. Varshney, Ph. D., has made significant contributions in manufacturing science and technology, tech transfer, product and process development (including lyophilization), quality-by-design and process analytical technologies for biologics, vaccines and small molecules. Having earned his Ph.D. from the University of Iowa, Dr. Varshney has authored several peer-reviewed scientific publications, review articles, and book chapters, and has presented at several international conferences and chaired scientific workshops. He is currently a Director of Manufacturing Assessment, MS&T at Hospira, Inc. He has previously worked at Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Sanofi and Eli Lilly & Company. Manmohan Singh, Ph.D., is a well-known expert in the area of vaccine formulations and adjuvant research, and has been working in vaccine R&D for the last 20 years. He has authored over 130 peer reviewed manuscripts, review articles, and book chapters, and has edited five books in this area. Dr. Singh is on the editorial board of 11 International Journals and has collaborated in organizing several international vaccine conferences. Currently, he is the Head of Global Drug Product Development at Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics in Holly Springs, NC 27540.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 68 colour illustrations, 39 black & white tables, biography
- Weight783 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDushyant B. Varshney,Manmohan Singh
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.