All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionLieven Boeve contextualises Lyotard's writings and approach with reference to his theological thought. By focusing on issues such as the nature of the differend within language, the sublime experience and our (in)ability to witness to the breakdowns of language and representation, Lyotard's thought provokes theology to reconsider its own foundations. Taking up issues such as a highly relevant critique of capitalism, itself vital to today's understanding of Christian praxis in a global world, Lyotard offers us a perspective by which to re-evaluate Christianity beyond its being a hegemonic discourse as it moves toward being a discourse concerned with love. Through exploring the Christian narrative as an 'open' one, Boeve aims to make use of new possibilities for theology through a renewed comprehension of Lyotard's significance for today.
- Author BiographyLieven Boeve is Professor of Fundamental Theology at the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium, where he currently also serves as Dean of the Faculty and as the co-ordinator of the Research Group 'Theology in a Postmodern Context'. His research concerns theological epistemology, philosophical theology, truth in faith and theology, tradition development and hermeneutics. He is the author of Interrupting Tradition. An Essay on Christian Faith in a Postmodern Context (2003) and God Interrupts History. Theology in a Time of Upheaval (2007). He has co-edited various volumes, of which the most recent are: Augustine and Postmodern Thought: A New Alliance against Modernity? (2009) and Orthodoxy: Process and Product (2009). From 2005 till 2009 he served as president of the European Society for Catholic Theology.
- Author(s)Lieven Boeve
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitlePhilosophy and Theology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Weight234 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.