All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are few writers able to sustain the solid mixture of detection, narrative energy and cultural observations that one finds in Grafton. -- Washington Post Book World M is for money. Lots of it. M is for Malek Construction, the $40 million company that grew out of modest soil to become one of the big three in California construction, one of the few still in family hands. M is for the Malek family: four sons w nearing middle age who stand to inherit a fortune - four men with very different outlooks, temperaments, and needs, linked only by blood and money. Eighteen years ago, one of them - angry, troubled, and in trouble - went missing. M is for Millhone, hired to trace that missing black sheep brother. M is for memories, ne of them happy. The bitter memoirs of an embattled family. This prodigal son will find welcome at his family's table. M is for malice.And in brutal consequence, M is for murder, the all-too-common outcome of familiar hatreds. M is for malice . . . and malice kills.
- Author BiographySue Grafton entered the mystery field in 1982 with the publication of 'A' Is for Alibi, which introduced female hard-boiled private investigator, Kinsey Millhone, operating out of the fictional town of Santa Teresa, (aka Santa Barbara) California. 'B' is for Burglar followed in 1985 and the series, now referred to as 'the alphabet' mysteries, is still going strong. In addition to her books, she s published several Kinsey Millhone short stories, and with her husband, Steven Humphrey, has written numerous movies for television, including A Killer in the Family (starring Robert Mitchum), Love on the Run (starring Alec Baldwin and Stephanie Zimbalist) and two Agatha Christie adaptations, Sparkling Cyanide and Caribbean Mystery, which starred Helen Hayes. Grafton is published in 28 countries and 26 languages. She loves cats, gardens, and good cuisine. Sue has a home in Montecito, California, and another in Louisville, the city in which she was born and raised.
- Author(s)Sue Grafton
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication22/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleKinsey Millhone Alphabet Mysteries
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $9.42Trending at AU $13.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.