CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionM is the name of an enigma. In his short and violent life, Michaelangelo Merisi, from Caravaggio, changed art for ever. In the process, he laid bare his own sexual longing and the brutal realities of his life with shocking frankness. Like painter before him and few since, M the man appears in his art. As a book about art and life and how they connect, there has never been anything quite like it. A great read; it grabs, it kicks, it lives. Feel the force of Caravaggio's cutting edge - Guardian . Written in a vehemently passionate and colloquial style, M is an abrasive, flawed, idiosyncratic book, but it is full of energy. Peter Robb's Caravaggio may t be entirely believable, but he is thoroughly alive, a being as full of mystery and contradictions as the painter once seemed to his contemporaries - Daily Telegraph .
- Author BiographyPeter Robb is the author of the widely-acclaimed MIDNIGHT IN SICILY. Born in Toorak, Australia, he has lived in Europe and South America for much of his adult life. He now lives in Sydney.
- Author(s)Peter Robb
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/10/2000
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.