All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMartha is w in her thirties. Her daughter has left home and she is lonely and vulnerable. The hard kcks have taken their toll on her health, and as she looks into the years still lying ahead of her, she shakes her head, feeling she hasn't the heart or the strength to go on. As she teeters on the brink of a nervous breakdown, a phone call summons ghosts from the past. She discovers that one of the family is dead and the others need her help. Martha returns and when she comes face to face with the evil, psychotic Jackser, she can longer suppress the nightmares of her childhood. A suicide attempt sees her admitted to the 'mad house', where a hunger strike takes her even nearer to death. But finally she sees a chink of light at the end of the tunnel. Could love in an unexpected form pull her back from the brink?
- Author BiographyMartha Long was born in Dublin in the early 1950s and still lives there today. She has written seven critically acclaimed volumes of autobiography, including the bestselling Ma, He Sold Me for a Few Cigarettes. Run, Lily, Run is her fiction debut.
- Author(s)Martha Long
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Weight321 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- lkj_543207 Sep, 2013by
CAN'T PUT IT DOWN
WORTH EVERY CENT!!! Martha Long is a Great Author. Who tells a Compelling story. This is a must read series to the very end!! :) '7 books in total' this is book number 5. Grab it now!
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.