All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionMac OS 9 is a big, complicated personal computer operating system. Mac OS 9 For Dummies is a t-so-big, t-very-complicated book that shows you what Mac OS 9 is all about without boring you, confusing you, or otherwise making you uncomfortable. Take a deep breath and get ready to have some fun. Whether you're brand-spanking new to the Mac or a grizzled old Mac-vet, discovering the ins and outs of Mac OS 9 will be easy and fun. Mac OS 9 For Dummies is ready to help you to *Master Mac basics *Customize your Mac for multiple users *Share resources on a network *Save time with simple tweaks *Automate with AppleScript *Harness the advanced Sherlock 2 search engine This book is chock-full of information and advice and explains everything you need to kw about Mac OS 9 in language you'll understand. It's also supplemented with tips, tricks, techniques, and steps, served up in generous quantities.Mac OS 9 For Dummies covers all of the following topics, and more: *The startup process revealed *Desktop and menu basics *File management made simple *Memory of all kinds *Timesaving tips *Helpful control tweaks *Introduction to AppleScript *Internet surfing *Troubleshooting In addition to the wealth of tips, tricks, and techniques that you'll find in every chapter, the most useful element of this book just might be the chapter covering every inch of your System Folder. Finally, you can figure out just what each file is and why you need it or don't. If you think your Mac runs like a champ w, just wait'll you see it after spending time with this book.
- Author BiographyBob Dr. Macintosh LeVitus' books about Macintosh computers, which include MacWorld(R) Office 2001 Bible, Stupid Mac Tricks, AppleWorks(R) 6 For Dummies(R), and Mac OS X For Dummies, have sold more than a million copies.
- Author(s)Bob LeVitus
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication28/10/1999
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight605 g
- Width185 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.