All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionHistorical velMacGregor's Bargain by Rowena Williamson For half a century, the Jacobites have rebelled against Britain in an attempt to reclaim Scotland's throne for the exiled House of Stuart. Now, tensions are building and the Battle of Culloden looms in the future, with the fate of Great Britain at stake. It is the summer of 1744 and Scotland is about to change forever. Set amidst the mysterious, sweeping mountainsides of the Scottish Highlands and in the seductive city of Paris, MacGregor's Bargain is a gripping story of love, loyalty and betrayal, hope and devastation, and accounts of human strength and vulnerability buried between the pages of history. In light of the ongoing Jacobite rebellion, Niall MacGregor, a wealthy soldier of fortune, member of an outlawed clan, sees hope for a free Scotland, and a chance, by marrying Anne Drummond, disgraced heiress to a castle on Loch Laggan, to own land and start a dynasty. Anne, whose behavior has made her an unsuitable bride for any man in her own class, accepts the marriage as a way to protect her people. But she sees horrifying visions of bloodshed and destruction. Niall is determined to fight for Scottish independence, and Anne is cursed with the power to kw the outcome. Torn between her loyalty to her husband and her loyalty to the clan she is destined to protect, Anne must make a choice, harder after the birth of a daughter. A close friend is thought to be an English spy, causing a rift between Anne and Niall. Anne grows to kw her husband, and develop love for him. He still seems to see their marriage as a mere bargain, making their destinies unclear as omius signs of Scotland's fate develop. Written by Rowena Williamson, an exciting new award winning author, MacGregor's Bargain is based on years of extensive research. The story is one steeped in romance and rebellion, and the characters of Niall and Anne will t be soon forgotten. But what does destiny have in store for them? Can the Jacobites disprove Anne's visions and finally defeat the British? And can Anne and Niall find love before it's too late? Well plotted, richly imagined, and evocative. I am a champion of Rowena's writing. Bharti Kirchner, whose soon-to-released fifth vel is Tulip Season: A Mitra Basu Mystery.
- Author BiographyRowena Williamson lives on an island in Puget Sound with her Scottish Deerhounds. She has done extensive research on the Battle of Culloden and Scottish history, in the US and in Scotland. She is a senior reader for Literary Agent Andrea Hurst. This novel, under the title of The Road to Culloden, was a finalist in Historical Novel Category at the PNWA Conference. Her short stories have appeared in numerous anthologies. She is currently working on a sequel to MacGregor's Bargain.
- Author(s)MS Rowena Williamson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Philip Williamson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.