All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMachiavelli's influence on modern politics and the importance of his thought for the development of modern political ideas has long been universally ackwledged. The Prince has become a key text in Philosophy and Political Theory, one that is widely read and studied. Machiavelli's most important work is a hugely exciting, yet challenging, piece of philosophical writing. In Machiavelli's 'The Prince': A Reader's Guide, Miguel Vatter offers a clear and thorough account of this key philosophical work. Setting Machiavelli's text in its historical and philosophical context, the book offers a detailed review of the key themes (epistemological, social, ethical and theological-political) and a lucid commentary that will enable readers to rapidly navigate the text. Geared towards the specific requirements of students who need to reach a sound understanding of the text as a whole, the guide explores the complex and important ideas inherent in the text and provides a cogent survey of the reception and influence of Machiavelli's work. This is the ideal companion to study this most influential of texts.
- Author BiographyMiguel Vatter is Professor of Politics in the School of Social Sciences at the University of New South Wales, Australia. He has written extensively on Machiavelli, republicanism, biopolitics, and political theology.
- Author(s)Miguel E. Vatter
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- Series TitleReader's Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight350 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.