Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionMaximizing reader insights into the key scientific disciplines of Machine Tool Metrology, this text will prove useful for the industrial-practitioner and those interested in the operation of machine tools. Within this current level of industrial-content, this book incorporates significant usage of the existing published literature and valid information obtained from a wide-spectrum of manufacturers of plant, equipment and instrumentation before putting forward vel ideas and methodologies. Providing easy to understand bullet points and lucid descriptions of metrological and calibration subjects, this book aids reader understanding of the topics discussed whilst adding a volumius-amount of foottes utilised throughout all of the chapters, which adds some additional detail to the subject. Featuring an extensive amount of photographic-support, this book will serve as a key reference text for all those involved in the field.
- Author BiographyGraham T. Smith is the retired Head of the Technology Research Centre which was a specialised section within Southampton Solent University. He worked as a Professor of Industrial Engineering there, and was one of the three original Founder Members of the Laser Metrology & Machine Performance International Conferences (LAMDAMAP, which has been running from 1993 to the present. Professor Smith has lectured-widely within the UK at industrial and exhibition venues, likewise across a diverse-range of university campuses in both Europe and North America, moreover he has continued to maintain close-links in the related machine tool and metrology industries. He has also previously refereed technical submissions for The Machine Tool Technologies Association (now known as the MTA) as a judge for the biennial MACH-awards and has regularly undertaken book and journal reviews, as well as periodic technical articles for the Industrial Press. Furthermore, he has also acted as an Expert Witness for many engineering/metrological litigation cases for some years and has also produced certain specific end-user products for a range of international companies, during last 50-plus years.
- Author(s)Graham T. Smith
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note67 black & white illustrations, 191 colour illustrations, 10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1220 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.