All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.74Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionRien and Mark leave St Mary's Home for Children and start a tentative new life together. While Mark dreams of machines to repair their fractured world, Rien writes stories to help her recover the missing events of her past. When their friend Dog Boy escapes from St Mary's, he embarks on a journey that will dramatically alter each of their lives. In a world that has little time for those who are different, can these three outsiders find a place to belong? In Machines for Feeling, Mireille Juchau displays all the poise and sensitivity that have brought her so much acclaim. This is a mesmerising vel about alienation, friendship, and the power of the imagination to endure.
- Author BiographyMireille Juchau is a critically acclaimed Australian novelist. Her most recent novel, The World Without Us, won the Victorian Premier's Literary Award for Fiction 2016, was shortlisted for the NSW Premier's Literary Awards 2016 and the Stella Prize 2016, and was longlisted for the Miles Franklin Literary Award 2016. Mireille's second novel, Burning In, was shortlisted for four awards, including the Prime Minister's Literary Award 2008, and published in Europe. Described by The Guardian UK as 'a writer of great poetic power', Mireille is also known for her short fiction, essays and reviews.
- Author(s)Mireille Juchau
- PublisherUniversity of Queensland Press
- Date of Publication29/08/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSt Lucia
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintUniversity of Queensland Press
- Weight340 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.