All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.86Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionMachining with Namaterials focuses on the application of thin film nastructures to the solution of machining problems. The solution to machining materials in an environmentally conscious manner is to use newly developed thin film superlattice layer coatings that provide a means to eliminate the use of flood cooling and the associated peripheral equipment. The practical significance of the development of these coatings is related to eliminating the need for cooling and lubrication by fluids and the need to machine at ever increasing cutting speeds. The effects of reducing tool life is a particular challenge in high speed machining, and this text explains how coatings can improve tool life, reduce machining costs, and machine in an environmentally acceptable way.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note118 black & white illustrations, 28 black & white tables, biography
- Weight587 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDr. Mark J. Jackson,Jonathan S. Morrell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.