All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionMackie Shilstone is famous for helping world-class athletes achieve the body, drive, stamina and performance they need to win. Now, with four decades of health and fitness expertise, he focuses on providing solutions to the problem of childhood obesity. Today, one in three children are overweight. If intervention is made, 80 percent of them will stay overweight as adults, which can put them at risk of medical problems (for example, type-2 diabetes, heart disease and asthma) and make them more susceptible to low self-esteem and depression. MACKIE SHILSTONE'S BODY PLAN FOR KIDS is a comprehensive guide to gaining control of your child's weight and the first book on weight loss in children to offer specific strategies for eating healthily, getting fit and feeling good about yourself, targeted to eight- to twelve-year-olds. Current research on overweight and obese children indicates that at this formative age, parents are a child's strongest role model and best able to affect positive eating and lifestyle changes. Research shows also that unsatisfactory role modeling by overweight parents with poor nutrition and sedentary habits are major causes of childhood obesity. Because of this, you, as parent and role model, are key to making the Body Plan for Kids work. Now Mackie trains you to become a trainer to your own family. Features of the plan include, how to: * Take height and weight measurements and determine body-fat percentage to accurately assess and monitor weight status; * Work with your child's doctor to determine an ideal target weight and a pounds safe to lose per week and much more. - Make better food choices and involve kids in label reading, shopping for healthy foods and meal planning and preparation; * Increase daily physical activity with the more than two-dozen games and activities included; * Track eating, exercise and weight loss electronically, upload photos; see quick stats and other visual motivators. Complete with age-specific advice from a pediatrician, nutritionist, clinical psychologist and other specialists, 50 recipes and more than 100 online and print resources for information on food and nutrition, physical fitness, weight-related issues, BODY PLAN FOR KIDS gives you the solutions and tools to bring about effective weight loss in your child (and you) with the goal of keeping it off as they become teenagers and adults.
- Author BiographyMackie Shilstone is one of America's most influential sports performance managers, whose expertise has played a pivotal role in the success and longevity of scores of million-dollar world-class athletes.
- Author(s)Mackie Shilstone
- PublisherBasic Health Publications
- Date of Publication23/03/2009
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNorth Bergen,NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Health Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight350 g
- Width153 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.