All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGardeners and nature lovers delight in taking pictures - especially close-ups of flowers, butterflies, and insects. And though advances in digital camera techlogy have made taking, storing, and sharing photos easier than ever, taking top-quality pictures requires familiarity with both digital techlogy and the general principles of photography. Macro Photography for Gardeners and Nature Lovers provides exactly the information that aspiring photographers - matter their level of skill - need to take their photos to the next level. Clear and concise chapters cover the basics of macro (close-up) photography, explain the features of current digital single-lens reflex cameras, show the many ways images can be composed, and share tips on digital effects, storage, and manipulation of imagery.Throughout the text, helpful tips, definitions, exercises, and case studies serve to demystify digital photography. Each lesson is supported by examples of the author's stunning photography. Whether taking photos of flowers and insects, compiling a photographic record of your garden, or simply sharing beautiful images with friends and family, everyone can become accomplished photographers of the world's small-scale wonders.
- Author BiographyNoted garden, nature, and landscape photographer Alan L. Detrick's award-winning work has appeared worldwide in major publications including Audubon, Garden Design, Horticulture, Modern Maturity, Natural History, Reader's Digest, The New York Times, Sports Illustrated, and Sunset. An experienced instructor, Alan has lectured and led photography workshops for professional organizations and public gardens including the American Horticultural Society, the Garden Club of America, the Garden Writers Association, The New York Botanical Garden, Chanticleer Garden, Brookside Gardens, and Longwood Gardens. In addition to owning a stock photography agency, Alan and his wife and business partner Linda also provide photographic services for landscape architects and garden designers. In 2005 they were honored as Fellows of the Garden Writers Association. They reside in Glen Rock, New Jersey Alan's web site address is www.alandetrick.com.
- Author(s)Alan L. Detrick
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication22/10/2008
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Content Note171 color photos, 3 diagrams
- Weight685 g
- Width235 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.