All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMacroecomics is fundamental to our understanding of how the world functions today. But too often our understanding is based on orthodox, dogmatic analysis. This distinctive book draws upon years of critical questioning and teaching and exposes how macroecomic theory has evolved from its origins to its current impoverished and extreme state. Moving from the Keynesian Revolution to the Monetarist Counter-Revolution, through to New Classical Ecomics and New Consensus Macroecomics, the authors both elaborate and question the methods and content of macroecomic theory at a level appropriate for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies. Macroecomics provides a unique alternative to the multitude of standard textbooks by locating macroecomic theory in its own history. It will be perfect for those studying macroecomics, as well as for those looking for a new way to understand our increasingly complicated ecomic system. It is accompanied by a counterpart Microecomics: A Critical Companion.
- Author BiographyBen Fine is Professor of Economics at SOAS, University of London. He is the author of the critical texts, Macroeconomics (with Ourania Dimakou) and Microeconomics (Pluto, 2016), co-author of co-author of Marx's 'Capital' (Pluto, 2016) and co-editor of Beyond the Developmental State: Industrial Policy into the 21st Century (Pluto, 2013). He was awarded both the Deutscher and Myrdal Prizes in 2009. Ourania Dimakou is Lecturer in Economics at the University of London's School of Oriental and African Studies. She specialises in macroeconomic theory, policy and institutional design, particularly the central bank independence paradigm.
- Author(s)Ben Fine,Ourania Dimakou
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleIIPPE
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight358 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.