All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionMacromolecules provides a broad survey of the entire subject; integrated representations of chemistry, physics, and techlogy; precise descriptions and definitions of basic phemena; and balanced treatments of facts and theory. The book series thus intends to bridge the gap between introductory textbooks and the highly specialized texts and mographs that cover only part of polymer science and techlogy. Volume I is concerned with the fundamentals of chemical structure and principles of synthesis of macromolecules: constitution, configuration, conformation, polymerization equilibria, polymerization mechanisms (ionic, coordination, free-radical, step reactions, including solid-state and biochemical polymerizations), polymer reactions, and strategies for defined polymer architectures. Volume II discusses individual polymers and their industrial syntheses, Volume III the fundamentals of physical structures and properties, and Volume IV the processing and application of polymers as plastics, fibers, elastomers, thickeners, etc. The world of macromolecules in a nutshell.
- Author BiographyHans-Georg Elias was born in 1928. He studied at the Technical University of Hanover, Germany, and received his Ph.D. at the Technical University of Munich in 1957. After habilitation at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (Zurich) in 1961, he was appointed Senior Lecturer and later a professor of organic-chemical technology. In 1971, he became founding president and professor of Polymer Science at the Michigan Molecular Institute (MMI) in Midland, Michigan. During these years, he also worked as consultant to the polymer industry in Germany, Switzerland, and the United States and expert witness to companies and the court. He was an in-house consultant at The Dow Chemical Co., Midland (MI) (1983/84) and an independent consultant between 1985 and 1993. He continues to teach occasionally at MMI. Professor Elias has published more than 200 scientific and technical papers and two patents on the synthesis, characterization, structure, properties, and application of synthetic and biological polymers. His ten authored or edited books have been published in English, French, German, and/or Russian, one of these, a 4-volume work, in six editions. He has lectured on invitation in fifteen countries and was a member of editorial boards of five polymer journals.
- Author(s)Hans-Georg Elias
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication27/09/2005
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1522 g
- Width187 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.