All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionTo produce a comprehensive overview of macrophages and related cell types in a short review volume is an impossible task. When I selected the topics to be included, some equally important areas were omitted by necessity, and for this I apologize. My choices have been somewhat eclectic, touching subjects of personal interest (such as osteoclast biology and macrophage electrophysiology) or of current fashion (apopto- sis, antigen processing, cell adhesion molecules). The book has also had to encompass areas of a more general flavor to provide balance for the general reader (such as reviews of macrophage development, heterogeneity, and function, and of the surface molecules expressed by macrophages). I thank all the authors for their prompt sub- missions; all have been of high quality, and my editorial tasks, thankfully, have been minimal. Michael A. Horton London, United Kingdom ix Contents Chapter J An Overview of Receptors of MPS Cells lain Fraser and Siam on Gordon 1. Introduction...1 2. The Monuclear Phagocyte System ...2 3. Diversity of Macrophage Plasma Membrane Receptors...6 3. 1 A Structural Approach to Classification ...6 ...8 3. 2 Multisubunit Receptors 3. 3 Soluble Receptors ...9 3. 4 Lectins and Lectin-Like Receptors...12 4. Functions and Selected Examples...14 4. 1 Growth, Differentiation, and Modulation ...14 4. 2 Cell-Cell and Cell-Matrix Interactions...16 4. 3 Endocytosis and Scavenger Receptors...16 4. 4 Secretory Responses and Biosynthesis of Effector Molecules ...17 5. Concluding Remarks ...17 6. References...18 ...
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleBlood Cell Biochemistry
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight861 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMichael A. Horton
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.