Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionRecent progress in the generation and sustainment of gas discharges at atmospheric pressure has energized research in the field of plasma-aerodynamics. Plasma actuators are promising devices that achieve flow control with moving parts, do t alter the airfoil shape and place parts in the flow. The operation of a plasma actuator is examined using a macroscopic (force and power addition) computational fluid dynamic model of a dielectric barrier discharge, DBD, in Fluent . A parametric approach is adopted to survey the range of requisite magnitudes of momentum and energy delivered to the flow field and to identify the effects of this localized momentum and energy addition on the flow characteristics. Simulations consider the initiation and control of flow over a flat plate in a low velocity fluid. The simulation velocity profiles are compared with the experimental observations of Corke (AIAA 2002-0350) as well as simulations of Font (AIAA 2004-3574), Boeuf and Pitchford (JAP 97 103307 2005), and Roy and Gaitonde (AIAA 2005-4631).
- Author(s)Timothy R Klein
- Date of Publication19/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight308 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.