All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMadagascar is a land where lizards scream and monkey-like lemurs sing songs of inexpressible beauty. KKwn as the Great Red Island, it is a place where fossa and tenrecs, vangas and aye ayes thrive in a true 'Lost World' alongside bizarre plants like the octopus tree and the three-cornered palm. And where the ancestors of the Malagasy, as the island's 18 tribes are collectively kwn, come alive in rollicking ceremonies kwn as turning the bones. This natural and cultural history of Madagascar is an exploration of what makes the island so extraordinary. It is the only book that combines cutting-edge science and conservation with adventure travel and historical narrative. Perfect for those about to travel to Madagascar for the first time or just want to learn more, much of the historical material will be new to those familiar with Madagascar, even researchers who have worked there for years.
- Author BiographyPeter Tyson is a science and travel writer with over 25 years' experience writing about science, natural history, and conservation. He is the former editor-in-chief of NOVA Online, the website of the PBS science documentary series in the U.S. and has visited Madagascar on numerous occasions.
- Author(s)Peter Tyson
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides (Travel Literature)
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Note8pp of colour + 1 map
- Weight28 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $81.77Trending at AU $86.57
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $36.43
- AU $29.66Trending at AU $33.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $31.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $27.93
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.21
- AU $14.74Trending at AU $15.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.